Monday, September 20, 2004

Those bars are trouble!

Today I weighed in at 159. So basically, I haven't really progressed in over two weeks. That's fine. Everyone needs a break sometime, although I sure picked the worst timing. I want this weight off NOW!! So out goes the games, and in comes seriousness.

One of the driving forces in my cheats of late have been the Medifast Chocolate Bars--- Peanut Butter and I think Chocolate. I've had 2, sometimes 3 at a time. I have to try to resist the bars. No, I MUST resist the bars. The temptation is always there because the bars are officially allowed (one per day). The problem is, when I use that reasoning, things always spiral out of control.

Yes, the bars are allowed but apparently I'm not strong enough to leave it at just one. I end up eating the bar, then to make it so bad, I actually begin eating other stuff too! I have to promise myself that if I ever get too close to the bars, that I will throw them away. Even though they aren't mine! LOL

So, if I know what's good for me, and I truly want to remain on plan... I have to give up the bars. Indefinitely. That's just the way it goes. Those bars are no different than pure carbs for me.

Update: Well, it's almost 6pm and I'm still maintaining control. Today was very unproductive for me, in all other aspects of my life. Thoughts of dieting and losing weight dominate me. I can't focus on anything else. The bottom line is, I have to overcome this problem. It's taken up too much of my life already. I'm ready to put it behind me. Everytime I go downstairs, my resolve towards this program is put in jeopardy. I really am weak, yet I know I must continue if I want to keep losing weight. I need to lost at least 20 more pounds before I can afford to slack off and play games. Lord, please help me to do that.

What I really would like to do is put my all into the program, at least for the next two weeks. If I am still stalled at that point I may look into other options. So on with the two week trial...

No comments: