Wednesday, September 15, 2004

A New Beginning

I ended up eating even more last night. I weighed in today at 160.5. I was out of control, but it was with the Medifast supplements mainly. I stole two packets of my mom's crackers, and one of her candy bars. LOL. Then I snuck a piece of garlic bread (it was nasty). Later, I began to think, why do I not even take a moment to think before I fly into those hungry rages? Well, the problem is that I don't do a good job of building up my resolve and my faith beforehand. If you don't take the time to meditate and reflect, then that store of courage will be unavailable to you when you need it most.

Today marks a new beginning for me, I am recommitting myself to the Medifast program, because somewhere down the line, I veered off track. Before starting this plan, I came across the site, Freedom You Compulsive Eating, Thirty Days To Freedom. The message in that article is so profound that I planned to incorporate it into my Medifast program. I never really did though. I never made a firm committment to God to do this program to the best of my ability.

Well, today I am making that commitment to God. I am not afraid. I believe in myself, and I believe that I can do it.

I commit the below plan to God:
1) I will eat only the soups/shakes and water. Diet drinks will be consumed no more than once a week.
2) I will drink 64 ounces of water, as early in the day as possible, and I will finish in time to add about 20 more ounces. To stay on track, drink at least 16 ounces with each meal
3) I will run/walk at least 2 times a week. Choose regular days
4) I will weigh in on Mondays (only)
5) I will do quiet hour first thing in the morning
6) During weakest moments, pray first, and journal
7) The only exception to the above rules will be on October 29, my birthday

No comments: