Tuesday, September 14, 2004

much needed perspective

An unlikely source of encouragement-- my dad! He said not to worry about the scale. He said the weight is dropping and that people usually quit not realizing that a big loss was about to come. Well... something like that, but I got the message. It's a good thing because I really felt like I was at an impasse, and seriously did not know what to do. I thought about quitting. I was that disappointed.

Unfortunately, I ended up cheating anyway because like I said, we had a little get together for my dad's birthday. I refrained from carbs, only eating the barbecue chicken. It was OK. The main thing is for me to stay away from sugar/carbs.

I think I have the motivation now to continue, no matter what. I think I'll endulge in some low carb stuff later tonight, but starting tomorrow and onwards, full fast only. Time to get back in focus. I have to constantly remind myself of why I'm doing this.

Now, I would have preferred to write this next part in my other journal, but that site has been down for days. Today will be tough for me because I've made up my mind to essentially eliminate all contact with Tim. Yes, it will be very hard, but I have plenty of other people to distract me. I don't want nor do I need the stress that the situation with him has brought into my life. The best thing for me to do is to move on, and if he's still available when I'm ready, then maybe I'll see about it then. If he's not, then oh well. By the time I get to my goal weight, I'll be looking so good that it won't even matter what the hell he's doing.

No comments: