Monday, August 30, 2004

48 lbs gone in 70 days...

Sometimes I get frustrated because I want the weight to disappear, like, yesterday. But I am so grateful to have found a program that I have been able to stay on for this long. I'm at 162 now, and I am so happy with each lost pound that takes me further away from my horrifying highest weight.

This year will prove to be one of my most successful years (in all aspects of my life) EVER! A little elaboration... I am 24 years old, right? Well, for years I had a phobia of driving. That fear crippled my ability to be independent. Well, within the past couple months I've learned to drive! Everytime I'm on the road, driving down the interstate, I'm just floored about how far I've come. I ask myself, why didn't I do this before?? What took me so long?? Well, everything in life has it's proper time. I truly feel as if it's a miracle everytime I'm on the road.

This year is also the year that I finally stopped playing around and graduated from college. I've flip flopped about, changing my major 3 times. Now I'm considering graduate school. I also got a great little research job I'm doing, for a pretty nice salary.

Finally, this is the year that will mark my true transition into womanhood-- I'm turning 25. I face it with dread, but with the determination to get my life together as much as possible before then. I think that the age thing is what has driven me to finally get certain things done. I really don't want to carry that baggage into 2005 or the age of 25.

In short, I've been blessed so much. Sometimes I wonder what I've done to deserve it. Sometimes I'm not as grateful as I should be (i.e., don't appreciate my job, or the fact that I live a very comfortable life).

This plan is slowly opening my eyes to the reality of how blessed I really am.

No comments: