Sunday, August 22, 2004

Gotta Get Back to the Basics

Tonight I decided to go out, all by myself! Went to see that Exorcist movie... Pretty corny and left a bad taste in my mouth, similar to the way "Open Water" did yesterday.

Anyway, I decided to get "back to the basics." Somewhere down the line, I lost focus. This Medifast program is supposed to be a spiritual journey; a journey where I look inward and grow my relationship with God. It's not about me bitterly weighing in everyday, hoping to see another lost pound.

I'm going to pray really hard for the strength to leave the scale alone. This is pure physics folks. There is no way that one can be on a 450 calorie/day diet and not eventually shrink down to one's ideal size (and smaller). Give me a break! I need to give myself a break!

No more weighing in. I find that I've grown a little but not that much. It's time for me to do some deep thinking and figure out what it is I want from life. Everything will not be magically perfect when I finally reach my goal weight. I have to work on becoming the best person I can be... The Medifast can take care of my outside appearance, but a lot of work still needs to be done on the inside. I have a LOT of issues!

No comments: