Sunday, June 20, 2004

One day until take off...

The more memorable events of yesterday included me having no shame in purchasing a bunch of junk food from the gas station. The attendant asked, "Is all of this yours?" I shamefully said yes. In my fog, I couldn't even hear the total right and handed him over seven dollars instead of the $3.55 I owed him.

But that wasn't all that happened yesterday. Yesterday, I went with my mom to get my nails done. Waited over 2 hours just for them to get started. NEVER AGAIN!!! But, sitting in the salon for so many hours gave me some ideas for things to distract me from what I'm about to do. I found the business card of a hair stylist who is offering a monthly hair management program: 3 shampoos/sets & one perm/touchup/ one deep condition treatment for $135 a month. Not bad at all. So every week, I'll get my hair done to keep myself looking good. I have a short haircut now so this works out great. Every two weeks I will get my nails done (at somewhere other than where I went yesterday).

Also, I heard of a soap called Black Soap that helps eliminate stretch marks. My rapid weight gain caused several groups of stretch marks to emerge. I will use that soap every day and by the time I reach my goal weight, hopefully they'll be gone. Also, I will thoroughly rub myself down with Cocoa Butter after my shower each day.

Finally, my sister is on Jenny Craig--she's lost a lot of weight and she compliments her weight loss every month with Body Wraps. A Body Wrap is a service in which you are totally wrapped up from head to toe and at the end of the process, you are expected to lose 10 to 20 inches.

I think all of those activities are enough to keep me distracted and feeling good on my journey to slimdom.

Why do I want to lose weight?

Well, I came up with 10 reasons that I'll post later. I need to print out those reasons and also a before picture to carry around with me.

No comments: